Friday, November 17, 2017

Block Head Dog Block

The block head dog quilt is finished. It's just a doll quilt measuring about 18 inches square. I designed the block a while ago but didn't like how it looked or how it was constructed. It looks very simple and most of it is. But I constructed the mouth using improv skinny lines that doesn't match the cartoon eyes.

Here's the back of the doll quilt. I obviously missed the chance to turn in the donations quilts for November, but the final deadline is the December meeting. So let's pretend I finished it early.


And here's Molly waiting for her heating pad to finish the blog post and get off the computer.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your dog reminds me of Huckleberry Hound... I think it's in the expression. Does Buddy approve?

Barbara said...

Is that Buddy?

gayle said...

I like how the dog is giving the side-eye to the cats in the border...

Home Sewn By Us said...

I sure do enjoy the antics of Molly and Buddy! It seems like Buddy learns a lot from Molly . . . maybe we all could. You know, like hurry up and get off the computer so you can keep me warm. ~smile~ Roseanne

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That dog is so adorable. I'm not sure what you mean by the mouth and eyes not matching - they match just fine to me. Maybe you fixed it.